The Christian Spirituality Program Unit is seeking proposals for papers on the following topics:
-Earth Community and ecological hermeneutics in Christian Spirituality studies
- Christian Spirituality resources for confronting racism
-Spirituality resources for the challenges facing higher education
-Hermit Spirituality: How Historical and Living Figures Inform Solitary Dwelling in a Time of COVID
-Innovations in Christian faith community and spiritual practice during a time of COVID
- The wall between the US and Mexico: What does Christian Spirituality offer in terms of critique and resolution?
This Unit serves as a forum for scholars working in the interdisciplinary field of Christian spirituality. It is committed to the following:
• Developing, refining, and demonstrating appropriate methodologies for the academic study of spirituality.
• Exploring models for describing and facilitating interdisciplinary conversation on the nature of spirituality among religion scholars of all perspectives and religions.
• Initiating discussion in the field of global spirituality, both religious and secular.
• Articulating the connections between scholarship and spiritual practice.
• Ensuring diversity in denominational affiliation, gender, race, and ethnic backgrounds.
Method of Submission:
Margaret Benefiel, email@example.com
Beringia Zen, Beringia.Zen@samc.com
Andre Brouillette, firstname.lastname@example.org
Thomas J. McElligott, email@example.com
Leonard McMahon, firstname.lastname@example.org
David Perrin, email@example.com
Jessica Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org
Lauren F. Winner, email@example.com
Session Allotment: Tier 2 – Two 2-hour sessions
Next Review: 2022