Every year the AAR screens 8-12 films at the Annual Meeting, ranging from documentaries made by members as part of their research to blockbuster Hollywood films which impact the public understanding of religion. If you wish to screen a film at the Annual Meeting, please submit your proposal as a Roundtable Session and include a short description of the film, runtime, name of the director, and year it was released. Answer the following questions in the description of the session:
1. Why is this film important for scholars of religion? Please provide a brief synopsis of the film with particular attention to its importance for the study of religion.
2. Why is this film timely?
3. Does this film avoid proselytizing for a specific religious point of view?
4. Do you foresee this film raising difficult issues for some of the AAR’s constituents? If so, what might those be?
5. Are there any copyright costs for showing this film at the AAR?
6. Who will lead the discussion/introduction of the film at the AAR and what are their qualifications to do so?
7. Is there any chance that anyone involved with the making of the film will also be present at the AAR?
Preference will be given to films that tie into AAR Program Unit sessions, relate to the Presidential theme, or the Annual Meeting locale.
For any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Method of submission:
Whitney Bauman, email@example.com
Robert Puckett, firstname.lastname@example.org
Monica Coleman, email@example.com
Amy DeRogatis, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ann Gleig, email@example.com
Derek Hicks, firstname.lastname@example.org
Amir Hussain, email@example.com
Robert P. Jones, firstname.lastname@example.org
Meredith Minister, email@example.com
Reiko Ohnuma, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeremy Posadas, email@example.com
Santiago Slabodsky, firstname.lastname@example.org
Roger Sneed, email@example.com