A limited number of special sessions are approved by the Program Committee each year. These are intended to be:
· Sessions that are experimental, creative, or timely
· Sessions that address an area of interest that does not naturally fall within the purview of one or more existing Program Units
· Sessions that address a current issue/event of interest to multiple AAR constituencies.
The Program Committee occasionally approves special sessions for sessions that would be one-time only or special to the year or location. Under exceptional circumstances, special sessions may also be proposed to address a pressing issue that arises after the proposal deadline.
Guidelines for special sessions:
• Special sessions are accepted through INSPIRE only.
• Special session proposals must provide a rationale based on the criteria above.
• Special sessions must use one of the prearranged session proposal formats (papers session or roundtable).
• Make sure the special session does not cover an area already covered by an existing program unit. If a proposal fits within an established program unit's mission, the proposal will be forwarded to that unit. If a proposal is submitted both as a special session and also to a program unit, it will be eliminated from consideration as a special session.
• The Program Committee evaluates all Special Session proposals. Notification of program acceptance will be announced by April 1, 2021.
Method of Submission:
Whitney Bauman, email@example.com
Robert Puckett, firstname.lastname@example.org
Monica Coleman, email@example.com
Amy DeRogatis, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ann Gleig, email@example.com
Derek Hicks, firstname.lastname@example.org
Amir Hussain, email@example.com
Robert P. Jones, firstname.lastname@example.org
Meredith Minister, email@example.com
Reiko Ohnuma, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeremy Posadas, email@example.com
Santiago Slabodsky, firstname.lastname@example.org
Roger Sneed, email@example.com